Delivering emails to the receipts inbox is a senders priority. As they are sent out to reach the inboxes and work successfully as they land.
In reality, no Email Service provider can assure 100% email deliverability. For a reason that they fall into occasional delivery issues, due to perpetual changes evolving in communication channels. Referring to the reasons how and why emails are landing up in spam is the key takeaway in developing your emails.
Emails have multifold reasons for ending up in spam, which does not have a particular explanation or solution. Here are the top reasons for the email delivered in spam and their remedies.
CAN-SPAM act of 2003, has a set of guiding rules for email that senders have to abide with. The CAN-SPAM Act or the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 blocked the flaws of unsolicited emails in the 2000s to set a standard for sending commercial emails which is still in effect.
Under CAN-SPAM senders must follow an of string rules in delivering email content, which includes:
- Using false or misleading information in emails headers
- Using deceptive language in email subjects
- Identify clear & smart advertising messages
- Inform recipients of your business location
- Educate your recipient show to opt-out
- Handle the opt-out request users quickly
- Actively know what third parties or others do on behalf.
Following these rules are also best practices and of course legal obligations. Which indeed increases the sender’s reputation, which is very important in sending emails.
Sender reputation plays a key part in delivering emails that are the IP address. It enables the ISP providers to know how users react to your emails based on the. Open rates, click rate, content quality, and engagement of emails through different metrics on IP addresses.
Not mentioning the “From” address, adding no-reply in emails, sending high volume emails, hiding unsubscribes links will affect the sender’s reputation which results in email landing in spam. Instead of adding an unsubscribing link, providing a “from” address helps in falling out of spam emails. Which builds a better sender reputation.
Providing the Unsubscribe option helps in updating the email list to deliver email only to preferred recipients who want to stay connected. Sometimes receipts don’t want to receive emails. Respect the new subscribers this helps in a clean email list which a good insight into the sender’s reputation.
List Cleanliness & Spam Traps
You might think it illogical of cleaning email lists, but it improves the landing of emails directly to inboxes instead of spam. Working manually in updating emails will help in preventing spam traps.
Spam Traps are used by ISP providers and blacklist providers in identifying spammers. They can identify failed deliveries, low engaged emails, or any fake emails which cannot be used. Maintaining a regular healthy email list can avoid spam traps and also help in avoiding duplicate addresses.
There is a possibility that emails may also go to spam if the recipients are receiving more emails than anticipated. Using sign-up forms is the best organic way to update email lists.
Subject Line delivers the first information about the content in email, misleading subject lines can trigger email into spam. As a subject line is a clear start for any email, it should be tailored carefully to have high opening and engagement rates to build the relationship with recipients.
Creating a sublime is an art, as the best subject line grabs the attention, and works great in delivering the required information.
Generally, powerful subject lines do the following:
- Keep it short and sweet: The shorter the subject line the better the delivery. Using brief with concise words is very important that ensures your subjects carry crystal clear content.
- Avoid clickbait: Languages that sound spammy will let your emails fall in the spam folder. Remember to use CAN-SPAM and clear language.
- Use emojis: Emojis make the subject line interesting and grab the receipt’s attention easily. But use them sparingly and with purpose.
- Go creative: Subject lines involving creativity & experiment can help in finding the preferences of the recipients. Using the A/B test to find the audiences and segments according to the necessary to get the best results.
These are the best practices to be followed while writing a subject line, to land your email safely in inboxes.
The most important thing to remember when your emails are sent to spam is to stay calm and avoid panic. Spam Problems can easily be avoidable and adjustable with a little research work and focus on loopholes. Get sign up with HandySends Transactional Emails Service for a better email service with all the latest email services and programs. Build email sending reputation by avoiding spam emails with proper ISP services and Cloud Email API. Start sending easily today without worries.
40,000 Free Emails for 1st Month
Extensive Support Documentation
Multi-Language Customer Support